CRYSTALS FOR SINUS OR SINUSITIS RELIEF
Before we delve into the Crystals for Sinus or Sinusitis Relief, let’s first take a look at what this affliction is all about.
Sinusitis refers to inflammation of the sinuses. Allergic rhinitis or hay fever is most often the cause of chronic sinusitis and is a common cause of acute sinusitis. Acute sinusitis may arise when bacteria invade the sinus cavities and impair proper drainage of mucus into the nose. When this continues for extended periods it turns into chronic sinusitis.
Allergies are among the most common causes of chronic sinusitis. Chronic sinusitis may also be caused by structural abnormalities in the nose, for instance a deviated septum (the bony partition separating the two nasal passages), or by small growths called nasal polyps, both of which can trap mucus in the sinuses. Rhinitis or chronic inflammation of the nasal passages also can lead to sinusitis.
Sinus problems may also indicate a blockage of the Third-Eye Chakra. So crystals that resonate with this chakra would make good choices as well as choosing for specific healing properties. Azurite, Purple Fluorite, Iolite, and Sodalite correspond to this chakra.
Salt is probably the most overlooked and yet most effective crystal when it comes to sinus issues. One of the best ways to get its benefit is by regularly using a Salt Pipe.
Using a Salt pipe couldn’t be easier. Normally it is placed between your lips and you inhale as usual through the mouth and then exhale through the nose. However, in order to cleanse deep into the nasal cavity, simply place the salt pipe against one nostril and inhale. Be sure to block or cover the other nostril as you do this. Then exhale through the nose with the pipe removed away from the nostril. Now swap to the other side. Keep repeating for up to twenty minutes.
The salt micro crystals penetrate deep into the lungs and nasal passages, unclogging blockages and restoring the normal transport of mucus. The salt particles also kill the microbes which can cause inflammation, helping those who suffer with rhinitis or sinusitis.
Another great way to bring about relief using Salt Crystal is by diluting it and spraying it into the nostrils. Dissolve 1 teaspoon of natural rock salt or sea salt into 2 cups of warm water. You may also add a pinch of baking soda. Fill a nasal spray bottle and spray into each nostril to wash them out. Be sure to do this over a sink. Gently blow your nose when finished.
Alternatively you may prefer to use a neti pot (a ceramic or plastic pot that looks like a small teapot crossed with Aladdin’s magic lamp) to flush out nasal secretions.
Other Crystals for Sinus or Sinusitis Relief:
Aventurine – defuses negative situations and turns them around. It delves back to find the sources of dis-ease. It has an anti-inflammatory effect that helps ease and heal allergies, headaches and soothes the eyes and sinuses.
Azurite – cleanses and stimulates the third eye chakra. It is a powerful healing stone that brings understanding of the effect of the mind and emotions on the body. It works at a cellular level to repair blockages. Also aides detoxification and provides stress relief.
Emerald – is a life affirming stone with great integrity that ensures physical, emotional and mental equilibrium. It eliminates negativity and encourages positive actions. It enhances the ability to enjoy life and is renowned for regeneration and recovery. Emerald treats sinuses and aides with recovery.
Fluorite – draws off negative energy and stress. It cleanses, purifies, disperses and restructures anything within the body that is not in perfect order. Fluorite is a powerful healing tool. It regenerates the mucus membranes and the respiratory tract, making it very beneficial for sinusitis.
Blue Fluorite – is very effective for eye, nose, ear and throat problems. As a dual action stone it calms and revitalizes energy as needed. It also has the ability to amplify your healing potential.
Purple Fluorite – stimulates the third eye chakra.
Iolite – activates the third eye chakra. It creates a strong constitution and supports the sinuses and respiratory system. It alleviates migraine headaches caused by sinus infection and also kills bacteria.
Sodalite – stimulates the third eye chakra. It can work to release stress, which is a leading cause of many illnesses and physical disruptions. It treats throat, vocal cords and larynx, which are often affected by the excess mucus associated with sinusitis.
Some Tips For The Best Ways To Use These Crystals For Sinus Relief.
- Of course there is the obvious ways of wearing or carrying these crystals for sinus. Or you could try these specific methods for getting relief.
- One of the best ways to work with these crystals is to meditate with them. Preferably, do this in a quiet and peaceful location where you will not be interrupted. You can just sit, holding them in your hands, or pressed gently against your sinuses.
- Try laying down wherever you feel comfortable, and placing your stones on the Third Eye Chakra and to either side of your nose, beneath your eyes, so that they are resting directly beside your sinuses.
- Applying moist heat over the sinuses is an easy way to sweep away sinus pain. Apply a warm washcloth over your eyes and cheekbones. Place your chosen crystals on top of it and leave it there until you feel the pain subside. It may take only a few minutes. Or, you may prefer to place the wash cloth over your crystals.
- Put your crystals (preferably not Azurite) into a pan full of steaming water. Lean over it with a towel draped over your head, creating a steam tent. Inhale the steam as it wafts up toward your nostrils.
- Give your crystal inhalation a further boost by adding 4 to 6 drops of eucalyptus oil. This is often used on its own in a steam inhalation to help clear nasal and sinus congestion. Eucalyptus oil acts on receptors in the nasal mucosa, which leads to a reduction in the symptoms of nasal congestion.
- Make a crystal elixir and use this as the base for your nasal spray, or for use with your neti pot.
Remember, we’re here to help.
© Ron and Sue Windred.
Disclaimer: The outlined metaphysical and healing properties in this website are for inspiration and reference. We gather this information and alleged properties from writings, books, folklore and various other sources. They are also dependent upon the attitude and beliefs of the individual. Furthermore they do not replace diagnosis or treatment by a qualified therapist or physician.